Life at UNC-CH
The scientific resources and equipment available to students in the Curriculum are among the best in the country. In addition, the Curriculum has strong ties to many of the nearby biotechnology companies and can provide possibilities for research internships.
Navigating a campus as large as UNC can be complex, listed below are resources that you may find helpful.
The UNC Graduate School Student Guide
This site is your most important resource for information specific to graduate students at UNC.
Look here for links to information about:
- Campus parking
- Campus maps
- UNC student ID (ONE card)
- UNC email accounts
- Registering your car in NC
- Getting NC residency for tuition purposes
- Changing personal information
- Student Health Services
- Campus Recreation
Career and Professional Development Opportunities at UNC
Graduate school is a time of life when you learn much more than what is taught in the classroom. Look here for links to information about:
- Training Initiative in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Graduate School Fellowship Workshops
- Graduate School Professional Development Courses
- The Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Writing Center
- Toastmasters International – a supportive way to develop your public speaking skills
- University Career Services