Below is a list of key personnel and committees responsible for oversight and management of day-to-day operations for the Curriculum:
Program Director – Will Valdar, PhD
5113 Genetic Medicine Building; CB 7264; 919-843-2833
Associate Director – Mike Love, PhD
5009 Genetic Medicine Building; CB 7264; 919-966-7266
Past Program Director – Tim Elston, PhD
411-010B Mary Ellen Jones Building, CB 7365; 919-843-7670
Program Administrator/Student Services Manager – John Cornett
5012 Genetic Medicine Building; CB 7264; 919-962-4728
Program Administrator/Student Services Manager – Cara Marlow
5011 Genetic Medicine Building; CB 7264; 919-966-5002
The Steering Committee establishes program policies and evaluates new faculty applicants. It consists of the Director of Graduate Studies, the Deputy Director, the Student Services Administrator, three faculty, and three student representatives:
- Boyce Griffith, PhD, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Yun Li, PhD, Professor of Genetics and Biostatistics
- Jeremy Purvis, PhD, Associate Professor of Genetics
- Natalie Stanley, PhD, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Jason Stein, PhD, Associate Professor of Genetics and Neurobiology
- Di Wu, PhD, Associate Professor of Biostatistics and Dentistry
- Current student representatives: John Patrick Flores, Haeun (Hannah) Hwangbo, Ellen Risemberg, Logan Whitehouse.
Matters that involve specific students or personnel, including students for training grant appointments and ruling on request for exemptions for BCB policies, are handled by the Executive Committee, which is the Steering Committee without the student representatives.
Other task-specific committees and positions
BCB/GMB/Genetics Friday Seminar Series committee
AY 2023: Natalie Stanley, PhD; Quinn Eberhard, Brook Felsheim
AY 2022: Natalie Stanley, PhD; Abdalla Alkhawaja, Gilbert Giri
AY 2021: Nina Nishiyama.
AY 2022: Teresa McGee, Alec Plotkin.